We want to have problems and their solutions to be posted here in order to let everybody participate in this. This should soon become a general help page.
|Table of contents|
Eclipse plugins do not appear after restarting Eclipse.
After installing plugins to Eclipse folder and restarting the workbench, the plugins are not available especially when they provide new perspectives and views. In this case please delete all files in Eclipse's "configuration" folder and restart the workbench. After choosing the workspace directory, everything should work now.
Fujaba does not start when it's disconnected from the internet.
Fujaba is looking for some DTDs when starting. They are located in the DTD directory within its installation directory. Unfortunately Fujaba doesn't find them (This is fixed in recent Fujaba versions.) and tries to get them over internet. You may solve the problem by opening a shell in the Fujaba installation directory and executing the following command: jar uvf fujaba.jar DTDs After that try to start Fujaba by executing "java -jar fujaba.jar" or just double click the icon.
Out of memory error: Fujaba seems to allocate up to 63MB of memory only.
When 63MB are spent Fujaba throws an exception and ends up in a nonworking state. The solution to your problem is rather simple. Add a -mx512m or -mx1024m to allow the virtual machine to allocate appropriate memory. 64MB is the default value if no -mx option is set.
- To start fujaba on your machine, there are three possibilities:
- selecting "Fujaba" from the start menu on Windows platforms or
- typing 'java -mx1024m -jar fujaba.jar' in the fujaba root directory or
- simply doubleclick on fujaba.jar
- You should try 2), i.e., typing 'java -mx1024m -jar fujaba.jar' in the fujaba root directory in a shell.
I got an IOException when calling Info in Help menu.
When calling Info in the Help menu, the error message IOException:java.io.FileNotFoundException:.\doc\fujaba\Fujaba.html is thrown. The Fujaba Release 3.0.1 incorrectly installs the documentation into the 'docs' directory in the Fujaba program directory. To use the the documentation from within Fujaba just rename the 'docs' directory into 'doc': 'docs' -> 'doc'.
Corrected in the Fujaba 4 installation versions.
Where to download a more complete version of Fujaba
[www.fujaba.de] provides a core version of Fujaba. It is intended that one downloads all the Fujaba plug-ins he or she wants to use via Fujaba --> Help
However, [Kassel Download Page (http://www.se.eecs.uni-kassel.de/se/index.php?fujaba&amp;no_cache=1)] provides a pre-packed version as it is used in the courses at University of Kassel. During terms, this pre-packed version is frequently updated :)
[Kassel Download Page (http://www.se.eecs.uni-kassel.de/se/index.php?fujaba&amp;no_cache=1)] even provides a [Webstart Version (http://www.se.eecs.uni-kassel.de/~fujaba/Fujaba4.3.cs.jnlp)] that updates itself automatically.
Where to download the Fujaba source code
Although the nightly build system is curently broken, the [nightly builds (http://www.uni-paderborn.de/cs/fujaba/downloads/nightly/index.html)] of Fujaba usually come with the source code.
Where can I check out Fujaba? Where is the SVN Repository? Where is the CVS repository?
The repository was converted to SVN. According to the Fujaba Mailing List "The new repository is available for subversion access via https at the following URL: https://dsd-serv.uni-paderborn.de/svn/fujaba/ . A web-view is available at: https://dsd-serv.uni-paderborn.de/websvn/wsvn/fujaba/ ."
The log4j output is not Eclipse "compatible"
When I click on the source code locations within the log4j output in Eclipse I always get "cannot find source".
Change a part of the "Conversion Pattern" in the Logging preferences from %c (%F:%L) to %C.(%F:%L) .
How do I get a better experience under Mac OS X
- If you pass the following parameters to the Java Runtime Environment you get a (crappy) Dock icon (only if icon.bmp was part of your fujaba distribution of course) and the menu bar appears at the top of the screen where it belongs This only works, if the Look & Feel was set to "Mac OS X" (see Fujaba preferences).
-Xdock:icon=icon.bmp -Xdock:name="Fujaba" -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
- Fujaba also has a setting to launch an external text editor. The free editor TextWrangler from BareBones installs the command line utility edit which can be used here.
- If you call java tools (e.g. javac) from plugins, you might try to use the path to the VM installation and append "bin" to it in order to reach the binaries. This does not work under OSX as the binaries are located within a directory called "Commands", simply make a symlink from "Commands" to "bin" and it should work.
- SVG and PDF export via the SVG Generator plugin seems to be broken, because of a Bug within Apples AWT implementation. The workaround is to download the src-distribution of Batik, edit the class AbstractGraphics2D by explicitly catching the exception thrown in setRenderingHint(...). After that do a build.sh compile and jars to get the updated jar distribution and replace the files which came with the SVG plugin. An easier solution is to temporarily switch the "Look & Feel" to "Metal" or "Motif/CDE", restart Fujaba and export the image.
- It is quite annoying that no confirmation dialog is shown when cmd-q is issued or Quit from the "Fujaba" menu is chosen. To circumvent this, an adapter class (com.apple.eawt.ApplicationEvent) has to be extended and instantiated and connected to an Application instance. The needed java code is available on request (mg_link AT gmx DOT de).
- Files created with Fujaba under OSX are saved with the default encoding, which - for unknown reasons - is MacRoman. As this encoding is not available on other platforms, files initially created under OSX cannot be openend directly on Windows or Linux. Workaround: comment out the line "setCharset(Charset.defaultCharset());" in the CoObRA class FilePersistencyModule.
- The context menu of the TreeView does not appear on ctrl-click. The reason is rather complicated: The Mac Human Interface Guidelines require Popup menus to appear on mouse press, Windows request mouse release. As Fujaba only checks on release, the required flag (isPopupTrigger()) is false for ctrl-clicks. If a real second mouse button exists (or double-finger click on Trackpads is used) it works. As a workaround, add event.isControlDown() check to line 119 of TreeViewMouseListener.